Harold's Weight Loss

Suzy's Weight Loss

Lori's Weight Loss

Chris' Weight Loss

Brittany's Weight Loss

Katie's Weight Loss

Adam's Weight Loss

Mike's Weight Loss

Amy's Weight Loss

Nik's Weight Loss

Sam's Weight Loss

Aaron's Weight Loss

Liv's Weight Loss

Tim's Weight Loss

Squirt the Cat

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Liv's Tip of the Day

Nik was wondering about tips cause she has gained a pound. I haven't lost squat yet because I'm just barely getting motivated but earlier in the year when I lost 25 pounds FIBER was a huge part of my diet. Jenny mentioned fiber also being a big part of how she lost weight. Fiber is fabulous. I was eating a lot of foods naturally high in fiber and also using milled flax seed which you can add to just about anything to pump up your fiber intake. I like to have a berry and yogurt smoothie after I work out and I always pour some flax seed in with it. You can get flax seed in the baking aisle next to the flour and stuff. It worked for me once, so I'm now getting back on the fiber bandwagon.

15 comments:

Stockettclan said...

Thanks Lever. I'll definitely give it a try.

Aaron Diesen said...

another tip: WATER! lots and lots of water. it does not take care of cravings, of course, but it fills up the belly so when you do eat you feel full sooner (the full feeling is delayed, so drink 15-20 minutes before eating.) i drink at least 1, and sometimes 2, pints before each meal (one reason i pee all the time), as well as just drinking throughout the day.

Lori Sieler said...

I'll have to add flax seed to my brownies. Seriously though, I love water. I find it really helps with the digestive process also.

lori

I need to get Chris going on this

Stockettclan said...

Thanks guys! I've been drinking only water for the past few weeks. A bit of milk just on cereal. It really does help with cravings because usually I find I'm just thirsty. I've also added whole wheat cereal for breakfast. Just plain whole wheat kernels. You guys may remember that from when we were kids!! Man, it doesn't take much to feel full, plus I love the taste!!

Stockettclan said...

Hey, is everyone ready for the big weigh in?! I ate more today than any other, so it should be interesting. Ugh!! Good luck to everyone!

Stockettclan said...

Hey, Lever! Get some more fat music on our playlist. Or, just let me know what the password is and I'll find something!

Liv said...

It's really hard to find fat music that isn't totally disgusting. My Humps is pushing it, even Baby Got back has some pretty gross lyrics if you listen close.

Liv said...

I'm not looking forward to weighing in because it's that special time of the month. Bloat, bloat, bloat.

Liv said...

Nik, Weird Al seems to be the go to guy for fat songs. Hope you enjoy.

Stockettclan said...

Thanks for the music Lever, so inspirational!! Actually just gross. I realized the reason for my 1lb gain. Yup, bloat time of the month for me too!!! Hopefully we are now on the losing end of things!!

Suzy said...

thanks for all the tips. i had a recipe for a yogurt drink with flax seed but with all the other ingredients i forgot the flax seed. gonna get some today. the drink has yogurt, pomegranate juice, wheat germ, flax seed, gr tea, blueberries, almond butter, and garlic- yup garlic. pretty good. i add a banana to make it thicker.

Suzy said...

"big bottom women" by queen. that's daddy's suggestion. "don't wear that thong" is pretty good.

Stockettclan said...

Hey mommy, good to hear from you!!! So, was that daddy that killed off the poor little old ladies? Send up your yogurt drink recipe so I can try it. Man, yesterday I made a bunch of white bread and had to smell it all night in the house. I restricted myself to a tiny piece of the heal with nothing on it!! Mmmmm!! I still lost a couple lbs this week, yeah!!

Liv said...

Per daddy's request, "Fat Bottomed Girls" by Queen has been added. Big Bottom women is a really nasty song by Spinal Tap so I had to do a little research to get the right one.

Liv said...

That's funny. I just got back from the gym - was on one of the machines when Fat Bottomed Girls came on.