Thursday, March 5, 2009
Hey y'all!
I'm soooo excited! I went to my Doc Schutte app. last week and he was shocked that I'd lost 16 lbs. He was so impressed with the muscle tone in my legs and my overall strength!! I'm just stoked. I'm doing 20-30 min on the elliptical and 20 min on the recumbant bike at least 4 times each week plus weights and situps etc. The weight isn't dropping very fast, but I had so much to make up in the muscle building department. Hopefully, I'll start seeing a nice steady weight loss again. Anyhow, I hope everyone else is still onboard, because Sam and I are in for some serious butt kicken'!!!!!!!!!!!!! He does a hard 60 min. on the elliptical 5 days a week. He's nearing the 200# mark! WhoooHoo!!! He looks FAntAStiC!!! And I must say, I do too! Kels posted a pix, but for some reason it didn't go. We'll try it again. We also need to know what the winner gets. Sam thinks it should be an all expense paid trip to AZ. Heehee!
Labels:
Motivation,
Nik,
Sam
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
17 comments:
The winner for sure should get a trip to Arizona! But you might have to pay for it yourself. And when do we decide this whole thing is over? Do we put a deadline on it? Maybe the winner could get a trip to a gorgeous lake place in Montana with their own yurt to stay in for a week end.
For sure get some pix up for us to see. I'm sooooooo happy for you Nik that you're knee is working and that your leg muscles are coming back. That's too cool. Just proves there are no excuses. Even age doesn't count. My skin might sag but I can still build muscle under it, right?! Well, off to Tombstone. If you guys could get yourselves to Arizona we'd figure out where to house you and I would buy you tickets to Karchener Caverns. There you go- let's say the winner gets a ticket to one of the ten most magnificent caves in the country. He/she can take one other person. The rest buy the tickets.
Cool! I say this thing should end by June 1st. But, for those with huge numbers to lose that won't work. So, maybe just a percentage by that date! Any ideas? Sammy has to have shoulder surgery on Thursday morning, so he's going to be out of commission for at least 1-2 weeks. But definitely need to look good by swimsuit/shorts weather!!
Daddy is doing really well but going slowly because he's just changing his eating habits. He could be dropping faster if he's get off his butt and exercise. Anyway, June 1st doesn't really give him much time. But if we used percentage of weight loss that would work. Maybe push it to swim suit weather and make it July 1st. When did we start this anyway? Good luck with your surgery Sammy. Dang- we need you to rebuild us a dock. Maybe next year, huh. Anyway, get better soon. You really need to stop picking up those big rocks. You're getting to be an old man you know.
...he'd get off his...
Percentage of weight loss puts you, Lor, and Sammy in the lead. Way to go!
Also, should let Jen count her recent weight loss to make it really fare. Mike has also lost weight. Anyway, I think Jen would be the winner.
...fair...
Maybe anyone who has lost anything should just get on a plain and meet in Hawaii. Dutch treat.
I was actually thinking no matter when we decide to end this, it would be nice to keep this site up for weight maintenance and support. I know that sounds cheesy but I think if we were checking in with each other on a regular basis it would help to keep the weight off. And if we're going to let people count their weight they lost before we officially started then the rest of us should be able to go a few weeks after the official end date. Like that's going to help me. We're how far into this and I'm down a whopping 3 pounds!
Oh yeah, and I vote for the Hawaii idea.
Oh Nik, I noticed the picture you posted. It got saved as a draft instead of actually posted. I can log in and post it right now.
Thanks Lever. Kels posted it, so I wasn't sure were she put it!
I agree with the "maintanance site" idea. Sammy's biggest worry is maintaining his weight loss. So, let's keep recipes and positive ideas flowing so we can all make the change permanent.
Love the idea of keeping the site going! I love you Sammy, but you're pi...ng me off.
He's pissing me off too. Maybe we should send Aaron's friend 'Toni' over there.
You guys are to dang funny!! Sammy is awfully HHHHOOOOTTTT!!!!
Post a Comment