Harold's Weight Loss

Suzy's Weight Loss

Lori's Weight Loss

Chris' Weight Loss

Brittany's Weight Loss

Katie's Weight Loss

Adam's Weight Loss

Mike's Weight Loss

Amy's Weight Loss

Nik's Weight Loss

Sam's Weight Loss

Aaron's Weight Loss

Liv's Weight Loss

Tim's Weight Loss

Squirt the Cat

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

REMOTIVATED

Back down to within a few ounces of 131. Dad bought a digital scales yesterday and it's pretty much right on with the one we've been using at our club house. Well, for me it's right on. It weighs your dad a little higher so he's just gonna start going by ours. Anyway, I feel really good this morning. I have a TIP. It's from a comment Alice made when we were talking about eating. She's 100 pounds dripping wet and has been for several years. Anyway, she said she hates to feel full- meaning that kinda stuffed feeling we all get when we eat too much and most of us eat too much. I was at a point where I ALWAYS had that stuffed feeling. It's like I had to maintain that full feeling. Well, I've been upping my portions a little every day and I'm noticing I'm not just feeling satisfied, I'm feeling full. I don't like the feeling and it's usually gone in the morning, but I think I'm gonna eat slower and pay attention to how full I am and QUIT eating when I'm satisfied and not wait until I'm full. If anyone noticed, at our bar-b-q Alice took very small portions. I filled my plate. True, it was with salads, but I was stuffed when I finally finished eating. Sunday I didn't eat anything until after church, which didn't get out until 4:00, and I was legitimately hungry when I got home. Too hungry because then I ate too much. So today I'm gonna eat a small breakfast and try and stay satisfied without having that overly full feeling. The secret is to feel SATISFIED, never hungry, but also never too FULL. Learn to FEEL the difference. Good luck. I'm hoping for the underside of 130 by next week. I've been thinking back on my life and I seem to lose and gain weight on a 7-8 year cycle. I'm hoping to break the cycle and make it a life long commitment. Somewhere I made a comment about having my weight off three years ago, but I was wrong. It's been SEVEN years. So it's time.

2 comments:

Liv said...

I'm remotivated too, Suzy. I've been stuck at the same weight for what? like 3-4 weeks now. That definately means something. I'm moving my body a lot so it's obviously my eating. I got into trouble after I got so violently ill a few weeks back. When I started to feel better and started eating again, I just kept eating more and more like my body felt like it had to make up for being sick (I lost 8 pounds in ONE day). Anyway, I also hate feeling full. I also hate how crappy junk food makes me feel so I'm not too sure why I feel like I have to have it. Damn those Cadbury Mini Eggs. Anyway, I'm going back to eating dinner nice and early and then nothing after that. And smaller portions like you say. Anyway, you are very motivating Suzy with your cute little tiny body! I have a doctors appt in about a month and it would be sooo nice to go in and get weighed and have a significant drop from last years appointment.

Suzy said...

Good luck sweetness! Yeah- I was stuck bouncing between 131 and 132. Of course it couldn't have been the TWO family bar-b-q's that we did one week apart!!! Daddy and I were talking last night and decided it's the quanitity. I had been eating ONE egg and ONE piece of bread. Then I was up to two of everything. Your dad is gonna stop making bread for awhile too. He's worse than I am trying to stay out of it. Anyway, this morning I'm back down to a nice solid 131. I love our new scales! I don't like trying to get the balance just right on the balance beam one at the gym. I want to get to 125 then see how hard it is to go under 120. The last time I lost any amount of weight I got stuck at 124.5 and started up again. I was thinking the other day I yo yo on about a 7 year cycle. I can't believe it's been 7 years (I was thinking 3 because that's the last time Cherista was here and I have pix of us at the pool and I'm skinny, but that was 7 years ago- i found pool pix of three years ago with Cherista in them and I'm fat). Anyway, it was the year Nik did the pregnancy test in our bathroom at Mary Jane. Bailey was a baby. It was New Year's Eve I think. She was pregnant with Lexie, so it was 7 years ago. Interesting that it cycles. I need to break that cycle this time.