Tuesday, April 20, 2010
TIP OF THE DAY
We've maybe discussed this before but dad and I bought a weight scale and he weighs everything. Liv- you joked about Barb's 1" square meat portions. Well, that's a little bazaar, but realistically a serving of meat, depending on thickness of course, is probably only about 3 " by 3". So serving sizes are important and they're a lot smaller than most of us are used to eating. So my tip of the day is, if you have a scale, weigh your servings especially meat. OK, actually I have a few more tips. When you fill your plate, before you eat it, put a third of it back in the pan or wherever it came from. Serving size is a huge issue. Last week we had a couple of family meals and I was eating bigger portions than normal and "picking" at stuff. I put three pounds on like over one night. It's back off plus another pound so I got right back on my program and even cut my calories down a little to make up for a bad couple of days. Anyway, this morning I hit 128# which is 10 pounds from my goal. Also, I have to weigh every day, at least for now. Jenny says the same thing. It used to just discourage me if I gained, but this time it motivates me. Sooo... three tips- watch your portions by weighing or measuring them, be aware of how much food is on your plate, and weigh every day- at the same time by the way. Good luck everyone. Liva- one suggestion. You're in a good exercise routine and are obviously gaining muscle so maybe not losing like you would like. Here's a suggestion. Cut 300 calories a day by eating one less slice of bread and butter, one less treat- if you even allow treats, or just by putting a third of your food back after you've put it on your plate.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Suzy, I can't even remember the last time I ate bread.
My tip of the day is to spend less time on the computer. Seriously, for me anyway. I think that's one of my problems. It doesn't do me much good to do my hardcore workout in the morning and then come home and spend all day sitting at the computer. My days go much better if I don't even turn the stupid thing on. We need to stay active throughout the day!
AMEN AND AMEN!!! I was just thinking of ways to speed up your weight loss because you were complaining. The thing is,is my weight loss has been reeaaalllyy slow- snail pace, but in the race between the tortoise and the hare who wins? The slow guy. So don't get discouraged is the main thing. Daddy's loss is really slow too but he's in such a good routine right now I think he's gonna make it. OK- getting off my computer now!
Post a Comment