
Florence Bingham made a salad like this at our RS Birthday dinner the other night. This isn't her exact recipe but I found something close to it on the internet. Anyway...
Salad:
Mixed greens
Sliced strawberries
Mandarin Oranges
Candied Almonds - sliced, slivered, chopped, whatever
Dressing:
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup shredded red onion
1/2 tsp dry mustard powder
1/4 tsp salt
Blend ingredients in blender
With blender on low slowly drizzle in 1/2 cup canola oil
Stir in 1 tsp poppy seeds
Florence said she had run out of apple cider vinegar so she used a pomegranate vinegar and her dressing was seriously amazing. Also she didn't have an onion so she just used a touch of onion powder (which is what I did, too). I love onion but with this dressing I actually prefer not so much onion flavor. Anyway, play with it. It's YUMMY!
I didn't have almonds either and was too tired to go to the store but if you can help it, don't leave out the almonds. You could use plain almonds or put a little sugar in a pan on med heat and when the sugar starts to turn brown toss in your almonds and coat them up good. Enjoy!
6 comments:
I've never been a huge fan of these salads with the fruit and greens mixed, but I think it's because I've never had one with a really good dressing. This dressing compliments it so well. I'm going to try my next batch with the pomegranate vinegar if I can find any because that was fantastic.
how about the steak mango one. that's delicious too. i'm gonna try this one. it looks really good.
Yes, I like the steak mango one. I've never had a strawberry one I totally loved.
Yummy looking salad!! I need to get to the store, since I don't have a single thing on the recipe. But, seriously good lookin' meal!!!
gonna make both the mango salad and this one for our bar-b-q with darrell and alice this week end but i'm gonna use splenda instead of sugar.
holy crap- and i thought the mango salad was good- and it is, but that strawberry one is to die for. the dressing is amazing! i used pomegranate vinegar. it's easy to make too. my new favorite. it's really good along with some vegie burgers we found. just got back from church and am starving. i'm gonna go finish off the salad and have a burger of the vegie kind. nummy!! i'm seriously starving. haven't eaten all day. almost 5:00pm.
Post a Comment