Harold's Weight Loss

Suzy's Weight Loss

Lori's Weight Loss

Chris' Weight Loss

Brittany's Weight Loss

Katie's Weight Loss

Adam's Weight Loss

Mike's Weight Loss

Amy's Weight Loss

Nik's Weight Loss

Sam's Weight Loss

Aaron's Weight Loss

Liv's Weight Loss

Tim's Weight Loss

Squirt the Cat

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Liv's Recipe of the Day


I'm getting back to using my slow cooker more often and have this heating up as we speak. I haven't tried this recipe before but I can tell just from tasting it as I was putting it together that it's going to be FaNtAsTiC.


I love my slow cooker! I can put something in it in the morning and dinner is done! I don't have to worry about throwing something together in the evening and try to time it so it's still warm when Tim get's home - and I never know when that's going to be so it's very frustrating. Because of his schedule we gradually were eating later and later, sometimes 10 at night! With the slow cooker Andrew and I can eat earlier in the evening (not that he's going to eat this soup!) and whenever Tim gets home dinner is still nice and warm. If you don't have a slow cooker, get one! But you can simmer this in a regular pot also. I also love the slow cooker because come dinner time you don't have dirty pots and pans piled up in the kitchen.

You can add meat to this recipe if you want but I left it as is. And Aaron, you can make it vegetarian friendly by using veggie broth. I added a couple of chopped up parsnips because I love them and pretty much anything that calls for carrots can have a few parsnips too. I'm passing on the rice because it's just unneccessary. I can't wait until it's done tonight. Mmmmm....

4 comments:

Stockettclan said...

This is probably my favorite meal!!!! It's yummy, healthy and doesn't make me feel stuffed!!! Just a nice, warm and inviting meal! I prefer it with no meat or rice/pasta, too. Thanks, Lever!!

Liv said...

Yeah I figured this was already a Stockett staple. I think we need to take turns posting favorite recipes on here because it's easy to get in a rut and just make the same things over and over.

Suzy said...

this looks sooooooooo nummy liva! my mouth is watering.

Stockettclan said...

We made this last night, because your picture was so appetizing!!! Yummy!! Today, I'm going to make my yummy chicken soup with lots of veggies. All the little ones are sick with the barking cough and high fever. Nobody wants to eat much, but I've heard homeade chicken soup really is the best medicine. Hopefully they'll eat it! Definitely, let's exchange any healthy recipes!!