Harold's Weight Loss

Suzy's Weight Loss

Lori's Weight Loss

Chris' Weight Loss

Brittany's Weight Loss

Katie's Weight Loss

Adam's Weight Loss

Mike's Weight Loss

Amy's Weight Loss

Nik's Weight Loss

Sam's Weight Loss

Aaron's Weight Loss

Liv's Weight Loss

Tim's Weight Loss

Squirt the Cat

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Katie

I'm eating better and I get in at least two hours of exercise a day because of basketball... All we do is run. I am taking my medicine and watching less TV. I even cut down on my portions. I think the thing I need to work on most is not skipping breakfast and lunch because that makes me want to pig out at dinner. I will hopefully see more persuasive results here soon. Otherwise I don't know what else I can do. :/

5 comments:

Amy said...

Katie, it sounds like you're doing great! Eating breakfast is a very smart idea. That will get your metabolism up and running for the day...you're a lean, mean, fat burning machine! Keep stoking the fire with healthy foods! :o)

Stockettclan said...

Go girl!!! You're right on the mark. Keep the excercise going even on your days off, walk or jog with gramms or your mom, or just get outside so your not tempted to snack!!! I think the biggest thing for me is the big dinners or eating late at night!! When I cut down my portions and quit eating 3-4 hrs before bed, I feel fabulous in the morning!!! I'm also hungry for a healthy breakfast! Try cutting back on the starchy stuff and adding lots of fresh veggies and yummy fruits into your meals. They really help curb the sweet toothe attack!! Good Luck and stay motivated!!!

Stockettclan said...

Oh, and one more thing, NEVER quit taking your Synthroid!!!!!!!! I can't stress this point enough. When you skip even a few days, you throw your whole system out of wack. It always takes my body at least twice as long to get back to normal! It really messes with my weight loss ability and alertness. I just want to lay around and eat and sleep. NEVER MISS EVEN A DAY!!! My body is functioning with only the left thyroid lobe, so it really affects me.

Suzy said...

Kater- I am sooo... proud of you! You have the motivation. Now you just need to learn to love lettuce. Just kidding! You don't need to eat lettuce to eat good foods. Like Nik says- stay away from the starchy stuff and get a taste for fruits and veggies. And don't get discouraged. Your mom says you're seeing your doc next week. Getting on the right dose of thyroid meds will help you tons. And eat a healthy breakfast. I think hot cereal with fruit and whole wheat toast sticks with you and keeps you from getting too hungry. Or grampa's two egg scramble with tons of vegies keeps you satisfied too. Getting off the sugar and white bread helps. And take the skin off your chicken. There's all kinds of tricks to lower calories without feeling hungry. Anyway, good luck. Come swim with me if it ever warms up.

Suzy said...

see if you can motivate your brother!